Wednesday, January 11, 2012

20 Yards!


So last year I started going for archery lessons. It's something I've wanted to do most of my life - I could just never find a class close to home. I finally found a place and it feels like... destiny! Haha, very dramatic I know, but sometimes it's like you just know that you were made to do something. I cannot describe the feeling... well, I can try :)

It's somewhere between sheer joy and empowerment. Holding that bow up makes you feel powerful and capable. It is such a unique feeling, that there really is nothing like it in the world. You have to pick up a bow once in your life and just experience the weight and the feel of it in your hands. And then when you draw it out - wow, pure magic. Like the world holds its breath at that whisper-soft sound of the string drawing tight. Of course the best is yet to come. You hold for 3 seconds, carefully taking aim and then release. Pure joy as you feel the power of the string move that arrow and you hear a perfect thud! on the target. Ah, there is nothing like it :)

Wow, I distracted myself. My point was that yesterday class started up again for 2012. I got to shoot 20 yards for the first time. Quite proud of myself - I shot it without a sight and I'm doing pretty ok. Now I am just waiting for the lovely Hoyt bow we ordered in Nov 2011 to actually get here. Then I shall kick ass and take names :P

2 comments:

  1. Hello! :D I'm so glad I inspired you to start blogging. I hope you carry on, because I want to read more of your writing. I had forgotten how very good it is! Plus when I've been particularly antisocial I can try and make up for it by leaving comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thank you for posting. And thank you for the compliment. Online flattery might get you somewhere :P

    ReplyDelete